How to Make a Sponge Cake
Sponge cake is an all around dessert that can be eaten plain or decorated with icing and fruits. This delicious and mouth – watering cake will make a great addition to the center piece during birthdays and other celebrations. Below is a step by step procedure in making a simple, yet delicious sponge cake that you can try. If you want to skip the making process of the cake and just want to order one, check out http://www.bettergiftflowers.com/
A sponge cake is fairly easy to create. If the cake is properly prepared and baked, the texture will be airy and light. This article will give you guides and steps on how you can properly prepare a sponge cake.
How to make a Sponge Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. With the use of a saucepan, warm the 2 teaspoons of butter and the milk. Use medium low heat until is steams.
3. Get a small bowl and mix the baking powder, flour and the salt.
4. Get the half of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture, beat them until it looks smooth.
5. Put the remaining half of the flour mixture and beat them well.
6. Mix the vanilla extract using a low setting of heat.
7. Grab the remaining part of butter and then use it to grease the pan.
8. After greasing the pan, get the mixture and pour it into the pan. Make sure you spread it evenly.
The cake is done when it springs back to shape after pressing or putting pressure. You can also use a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked.
10. Put the cake into a pan for 10 minutes to let it cool.
11. Take the cake out of the pan by flipping it. Use a wire rack or a sheet of parchment paper to let it cool.
12. Frost the cake and decorate.
Helpful Tips in making a Sponge Cake
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease the pan with butter.
3. It is better to use electric mixer in beating up the ingredients.
4. The sponge cake is done if it goes back to its original shape or springs back after.
5. Use a pan in cooling the cake; give a minimum of 10 minutes before transferring the cake to a wire rack or parchment paper for cooling it completely.
Things to be needed:
You will be able to create a beautiful and adorable sponge cake when you follow this step by step procedure. Make your cake more attractive by adding cake decorating flowers, candy sprinkles and chocolates.
– 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
– 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
– 2 teaspoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
– 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 8 eggs (the bigger the better).
– 1 cup of sugar.
– Butter for greasing the pan.
– Small bowl.
– Large bowl.
– Electric mixer.
– Small saucepan.
– Wire rack or Parchment paper.